Here in Pink N’ Proper, we always believe to empower & inspire women to be the best versions of themselves.
And this month, we are doing this special edit with “girl talk”. Everything you need to know about, from head to toe, once you’ve owned your Pink N’ Proper swimwear and beachwear. Seeing our girls happy with our swimwear and beachwear is our ultimate goal. So, we always want you beautiful people out there to feel good & confident in your swimwear.
So ladies, let’s get straight to the point to the topic of the month *drum rolls* - Waxing. So here are the waxing topics we will touch about this month:
Click to jump straight to your desired topic!
We know waxing is one of those topics which we choose to shy away, a taboo per se, because face it! Who want’s to know/hear about your hairy situation, right?
Can you imagine a topic between your girlies about your under arm hair & the one down under! Brrr! And we bet with RM100 (chup! Only a metaphor okay, we know it’s illegal in Malaysia) - we bet you wax virgins out there, your first impression when this topic flies by, you would go - “Ouch! That sounds/looks painful.”
Well, IT IS, period! we beg to differ! Here’s a 1-0-1 guide to a great waxing experience! Continue reading till the end as we have some FREEBIES to give out to you waxing virgins out there! Like... maybe a free waxing service from STRIP MALAYSIA? :)
So first off, main question:
1) WHY WAX?
Simply because it’s convenient, quick, cost-effective, and a long-lasting hair removal method - in comparison to using razors to shave that is, and shaving is a big, big, BIG no-no, unless bumpy ingrown hair is your kinda thang, no judging there! You do you!
So before you start waxing, you need to know your wax!
2) HARD WAX OR SOFT WAX?
This wax is best suited for larger areas such as arms, legs, and armpit. However, it is advised that you avoid using it if you have sensitive skin, since it is more likely to cause ingrown hairs in comparison to hard wax.
- Soft wax adheres to skin more than hard wax, thus exfoliating skin more.
- Soft wax grabs fine hairs perfectly, working better on large areas of the body than hard wax.
- Unlike hard wax, soft wax cannot be applied to the same spot twice because it removes layers of dead skin.
- Even if soft wax tends to be stickier than hard wax, there is no special preparation needed.
Hard wax is generally used when it comes to sensitive skin such as the bikini area, hard wax is also the best option. It attaches itself only to the hair, not the skin, reducing discomfort and minimizing the possibility of irritation.
- Hard wax is less painful on the face than soft wax.
- Hard wax leaves no sticky residue. It is much easier to clean up.
- Hard wax grabs shorter hair, eliminating the need to wax on the same area twice..
- When using hard wax, the hair follicles and pores open up from the heat, making it much easier to pull the hair out.
3) DOS AND DON'TS BEFORE WAXING
- DO let the hair grow ¼ to ½ an inch as the wax needs something to hold onto. Unless you’re all in for the exfoliation-only experience :)
- DO exfoliate as this will provide an easier exit of the hair follicles, ensuring smoother results.
- DO take an anti-inflammatory medicine such as ibuprofen/ naproxen half an hour before your wax to keep pain at bay (Take it with food girls, especially for those with gastritis!)
- DO avoid caffeine & alcohol before your appointment, as they increase sensitivity of your skin!
- DON'T schedule your appointment for about a week before or during your period as your skin sensitivity will be heightened.
- DON'T sweat! Avoid extreme exercise or head related activities right before waxing!
4) WAXING AFTER CARE
To make sure that your skin is smooth, clean & no irritation. Here are a few aftercare tips from us!
Skip your favourite lotion!
Yes, moisturise a day before wax but not after as this will only clog your pores, making them inflamed and irritated. Instead we recommend STRIP’S ICE-CREAM (not edible btw!:P) to keep your skin moisturised and calm post wax!
Source: STRIP MALAYSIA
- Skip gym for a bit. Sorry to break the sweat. Sweat is a pretty bad thing to do after a wax. You may resume back to gym after 48 hours.
- Avoid hot shower/ bath. Instead shower in warm/cold water, this could soothe the fresh open pore skin after waxing.
So, who’s up to get hairless beach-body ready for your upcoming vacation? Simply because hairless = stressless vacation as you have nothing to hide! As promised, your freebies! We are giving all of you girls out there:
FREE Under Arm Wax Session
a 50% off a-la carte service from STRIP MALAYSIA!
5) DARKENED AREAS?
HOLD UP! There’s still more! Here’s another something - something that will save you ladies especially if your boo-boo areas are darkened (especially by the use of deodorant! Avoid alcohol-containing ones at all cost please!) or if you want to prevent them from being darkened after a good wax. Lo and behold! Here’s another holy grail that will save you from your beauty woes!
STRIP'S ACE cream: Aids to brighten & lighten your skin. Recommended for long-term use for the best effect. Suitable for face and body as well as sensitive areas. See results in just 2 weeks!
Source: STRIP MALAYSIA
Yes, yes! We heard you girls! We are giving away a pair of ACE cream so YOU and YOUR BEST GAL can enjoy this holy grail product from STRIP MALAYSIA aaaaaaand well IT’S OUR GIVEAWAY OF COURSE PINK N’ PROPER is giving away swimwear of your choice each, too!
Only for a week from 8th October - 14th October! Find out more on our Instagram! Cause who knows? You and your best gal might be the two lucky gals to walk away with these freebies, worth up to a total of RM1000! Whoop! Save the dates girlies!